Total time: 30 minutes | Serves 4
Note: From Mary Ellen Rae, Times Test Kitchen.
- 1 pound top-quality linguine pasta
- 3 cups packed arugula leaves, washed and long stems cut off
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemon peel
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched toasted almonds, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
Step 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions to al dente. Reserve one-half cup of the cooking liquid and drain the pasta.
Step 2Place the arugula, lemon peel, garlic, olives, one-fourth cup of the almonds, one-fourth cup of the grated Parmesan cheese and the salt in a food processor. Pulse until it forms a thick paste. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and process until smooth.
Step 3Place the pasta in a bowl and stir in the pesto. Drizzle in the reserved cooking liquid until the sauce is the thickness desired. Garnish each plate with the remaining almonds and Parmesan. Sprinkle with the diced tomatoes and serve warm or chilled.
745 calories; 23 grams protein; 91 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams fiber; 32 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 8 mg. cholesterol; 566 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Main courses