Total time: About 15 minutes | Serves 10
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 medium tomatillos, husked
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 to 2 teaspoons seeded, coarsely chopped serrano chile
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
Step 1Bring a small pot of water with 1 teaspoon kosher salt to a boil over high heat. Add the tomatillos and blanch 3 minutes. Drain and set aside until cooled slightly.
Step 2Combine the tomatillos, cilantro, onion, chile, avocado and lime juice in a blender along with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Puree until smooth. Serve immediately.
Each serving of 2 tablespoons:
36 calories; 1 gram protein; 3 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams fiber; 3 grams fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 226 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sauces and condiments