Total time: 35 minutes | Serves 4
Note: Adapted from Bluewater Grill.
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Champagne vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/3 bunch (about 15 sprigs) cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 bunch (4 to 6) green onions, green tops only, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/3 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup canola oil
Step 1In the bowl of a blender, combine the lime juice, vinegar, garlic, cilantro, green onion, salt, cayenne pepper and avocado and blend. With the blender running, slowly add the oils to form a thick, creamy dressing. Taste and adjust the flavorings, and seasoning if desired. This makes a scant 2 cups avocado dressing, which will keep, covered and refrigerated, up to 3 days.
Chicken chopped salad
- About 2 hearts (1 pound) romaine, chopped
- 4 grilled half chicken breasts (boneless and skinless), chopped
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 2 ounces toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas), divided
- 8 ounces cherry or other small tomatoes
- 1 cup julienned red onions
- 1 avocado, diced
- Avocado dressing
Step 1In a large bowl, combine the romaine, chicken, one-half each of the crumbled feta and pumpkin seeds, the tomatoes, onions and diced avocado. Add one-third cup dressing and toss gently to combine. Taste the salad, adding additional dressing as desired and seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the salad among 4 plates, topping each with the remaining cheese and pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.
826 calories; 60 grams protein; 20 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams fiber; 58 grams fat; 15 grams saturated fat; 171 mg cholesterol; 8 grams sugar; 850 mg sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Quick and easy