Total time: 3 minutes | Serves 1
Note: Adapted from a recipe by Nate Howell, Cusp Dining & Drinks. To make salt-and-pepper syrup, combine 8 ounces superfine sugar with 8 ounces hot water, 2 tablespoons sea salt and 2 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper, pouring back and forth between 2 pitchers until the salt and sugar dissolve; cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 2 ounces Dutch or Genever gin, preferably Bols
- 1/4 ounce aquavit, preferably Krogstad
- 1/8 ounce salt-and-pepper syrup (see note)
- Dash of bitters, preferably Angostura
- Lemon peel
- Green olive, for garnish
- Cocktail onion, for garnish
Step 1In a mixing glass filled with ice, combine the gin, aquavit, syrup and bitters. Stir well and strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass. Squeeze the lemon peel over the drink and discard, and garnish with the olive and onion. Serve immediately.
Carbohydrates 1 gram;
Sugar 1 gram;
Sodium 131 mg.