Total time: 45 minutes | Serves 4 to 6
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped leeks, white parts only
- 1 1/4 pounds carrots (about 6 carrots), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Salt, pepper
- Creme fraiche, chopped cilantro, for garnish
Step 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, leeks and carrots and cook until the leeks are softened, 10 minutes. Add the cumin, cayenne pepper and chicken broth. Let simmer, covered, until the carrots are very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 2Puree the soup in a blender in batches until smooth.
Step 3Serve warm or cold with a dollop of creme fraiche and a pinch of chopped cilantro.
Each of 6 servings:
182 calories; 1,103 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 11 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 13 grams carbohydrates; 8 grams protein; 3.20 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers