Total time: 40 minutes | Serves 4 to 6
Note: Adapted from Chi Dynasty in Studio City. To make crispy rice noodles, fry the noodles in oil heated to 350 degrees until they're crisp, 1 to 2 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
Step 1In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and ginger. Taste and adjust seasoning and flavoring as desired. This makes a generous one-half cup of dressing.
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups crispy rice noodles
- 1 pound boiled chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped peanuts, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced preserved ginger, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon roasted black sesame seeds, more to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, more to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, more to taste
Step 1In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, noodles, chicken, peanuts, ginger, sesame seeds, green onions and cilantro leaves. Add half the dressing, tossing to lightly coat. Taste, and toss in additional dressing as desired. Serve immediately.
Each of 6 servings:
196 calories; 21 grams protein; 11 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams fiber; 8 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 48 mg cholesterol; 4 grams sugar; 420 mg sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Healthy eating