Total time: 25 minutes | Serves 2
Note: From Josiah Citrin.
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Banyuls vinegar (or sherry vinegar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Step 1Combine the mustard, Banyuls and red wine vinegars, lemon juice, water, shallot and garlic in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Season with salt and pepper and shake well. Add grape seed oil and shake well again. Add olive oil and shake well. Any leftover vinaigrette can be stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator, then brought to room temperature and shaken well before using. Makes three-fourths cup.
- Shredded leg and thigh meat from an herb- and lemon-stuffed rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups small heirloom tomato wedges (cut from about 10 ounces assorted heirloom tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped assorted basil leaves
- 6 tablespoons Banyuls vinaigrette
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
Step 1Toss the shredded chicken with the tomato wedges, basil and vinaigrette. Season to taste with black pepper and sea salt. Serve as second course after the breasts and glazed vegetables, or serve alone as a light entree.
Each of 4 servings:
264 calories; 13 grams protein; 2 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 23 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 49 mg. cholesterol; 59 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Healthy eating