Total time: 30 minutes | Serves 2 to 4
- 1 cup (4.25 ounces) flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Zest of 1 orange (optional)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
Step 1Heat the oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, cocoa powder, espresso powder, brown sugar and orange zest. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk and almond extract, then beat the egg mixture into the flour. Melt the butter in a 9- to 10-inch cast-iron skillet and pour the batter into the hot pan. Bake until the pancake is puffed and golden brown, 20 to 24 minutes. Serve immediately.
Each of 4 servings:
347 calories; 12 grams protein; 35 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 19 grams fat; 10 grams saturated fat; 221 mg cholesterol; 7 grams sugar; 169 mg sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Breakfasts