Total time: 10 minutes | Serves 4 to 6
Note: This can also be served as a dip for grissini or raw vegetables.
- 1 (6-ounce) can imported tuna in olive oil, drained
- 12 anchovies, drained, rinsed and dried well
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained, rinsed and dried well, plus additional for garnish
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 loaf rustic French bread, thinly sliced and toasted
- Olive oil
Step 1Combine the tuna, anchovies, capers, mayonnaise and vinegar in a blender or food processor and process until creamy. Add more mayonnaise if you like. Season with pepper to taste.
Step 2Spread on the crostini and serve, garnished with a few capers and a drizzle of olive oil.
Each of 6 servings:
328 calories; 16 grams protein; 30 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams fiber; 16 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 20 mg. cholesterol; 902 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Appetizers