Total time: 30 minutes | Serves 4 to 6
- 3 (12-ounce) cans pale beer
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter, cut into tablespoon-sized chips
- 2 1/2 ounces Cajun spice mix
- 2 pounds medium-sized shrimp with shells
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- Salt, optional
Step 1Pour the beer into a saucepan and cook over medium heat, allowing the foam to dissipate. When hot and settled, 10 to 12 minutes, add the garlic, then whisk in the butter chips -- 1 at a time -- and the spice mix until blended. Add the shrimp, reduce the heat and poach in the sauce, about 4 minutes. Do not boil; keep at a bare simmer. The shrimp stay plump if cooked at a medium-low temperature. Add the rosemary to taste. If the spice mix you use is low in salt, you may need to add a little.
Each of 6 servings:
587 calories; 2,135 mg. sodium; 439 mg. cholesterol; 38 grams fat; 22 grams saturated fat; 13 grams carbohydrates; 39 grams protein; 3.60 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Appetizers