Total time: 15 minutes | Makes about 4 cups zhoug
Note: Adapted from a recipe from the Exchange in Los Angeles.
- About 1 bunch (80 grams) parsley
- About ¾ bunch (80 grams) cilantro
- 16 serrano chiles, stemmed
- About 2½ tablespoons (20 grams) ground coriander
- About 2½ tablespoons (15 grams) ground cardamom
- About 4 large cloves (20 grams) garlic
- 2 cups grapeseed oil
- Lemon juice
Step 1In the bowl of a food processor, combine the parsley, cilantro, chiles, coriander, cardamom and garlic. Pulse to chop and combine.
Step 2With the processor running, stream in the oil to emulsify. Season with ¾ teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste.
Calories 63; Protein 0; Carbohydrates 1 gram; Fiber 0; Fat 7 grams; Saturated fat 1 gram; Cholesterol 0; Sugar 0; Sodium 29 mg
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sauces and condiments