Total time: 30 minutes | Serves 2
- 1 cup diced, seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Red pepper flakes
- 1/3 pound dried fettuccine
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut crosswise into thin slices (keep covered in water then drain when ready to cook)
- 1 cup sliced leeks (white and light green parts)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
Step 1Place tomato, oil, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes to taste in large shallow bowl. Set aside.
Step 2Cook fettuccine according to package directions. About 1 minute before it's completely cooked (test it by tasting it), add drained fennel. Add leeks 30 seconds later. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid; drain contents, place in reserved bowl with tomato mixture. Toss several times until well mixed, adding cooking liquid if mixture is too dry. Toss in basil and cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve hot or warm. Pass more grated cheese separately.
482 calories; 348 mg sodium; 5 mg cholesterol; 17 grams fat; 70 grams carbohydrates; 14 grams protein; 1.52 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Main courses