Time: 15 minutes | Serves 6
Note: Adapted from A Voce in New York. Roasted Marcona almonds are available at most markets.
- 1 small bulb fennel, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 stalks celery, sliced about 1/2 -inch thick
- 1 green apple, cored and very thinly sliced
- 4 basil leaves, washed and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup good-quality olive oil
- Juice and zest of 2 small lemons
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bunches watercress, picked and washed
- 3/8 cup roasted Marcona almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, soaked in warm water to soften and drained
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon fine, dry bread crumbs
Step 1In a large bowl, combine the fennel, celery, apple and basil and toss to mix. Add the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper and toss to combine completely.
Step 2Just before serving, add the watercress, almonds and raisins and toss again. Divide among six salad bowls.
Step 3Combine the cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle over the salads. Serve.
203 calories; 6 grams protein; 16 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams fiber; 15 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 3 mg. cholesterol; 382 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Quick and easy