Total time: 30 minutes | Serves 10 to 16
Note: Cut the ingredients the same size as the corn kernels for the best presentation. This can be served right away or refrigerated overnight for the flavors to develop.
- Kernels from 3 ears corn, about 1 3/4 cups
- 1 1/4 cups diced, peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded if desired, minced
- 1 avocado, firm but ripe, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
Step 1Place the corn, jicama, onions, bell pepper, jalapeno, avocado, oil, lime juice, cilantro, vinegar, salt, cumin and sugar in a bowl. Toss them well to mix. Taste; adjust the lime juice and seasoning, if necessary. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir well before serving.
Each of 16 servings:
50 calories; 229 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 3 grams fat; 0 saturated fat; 6 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 1.51 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Sauces and condiments