Total time: 20 minutes, plus optional chilling time | Serves 4
- 1 cup packed fresh bread crumbs
- Water for soaking the bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound ripe avocados (about 3), peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Chopped green onion, for garnish
- Chopped tomato, for garnish
- Chopped cilantro (optional), for garnish
Step 1Soak the bread crumbs in water to cover until softened. Drain off the excess water (reserve the water to thin the soup if desired) and place the bread in a blender with the garlic. Puree until smooth. Add the avocados and lemon juice and puree. Blend in the oil and salt. Thin the soup, as desired, with the reserved water.
Step 2Serve the gazpacho at room temperature or chilled. Garnish each serving with chopped green onion, tomato and cilantro.
Each of 4 servings:
315 calories; 3 grams protein; 20 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams fiber; 26 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 2 grams sugar; 1,008 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Appetizers