Total time: 20 minutes | Makes 3/4 cup
Note: From "Climbing the Mango Trees.".
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1 well-packed cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 well-packed cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 5 to 6 fresh, hot green chiles with their seeds (use either bird's eye or cayenne-type chiles), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
Step 1Combine the lemon or lime juice, tomato, mint, cilantro, chiles and sugar in a food processor. Blend until you have a smooth paste, pushing down with a rubber spatula whenever necessary. Add the salt, a little at a time, and blend until you have a balance of flavors you like. You can add more of any of the seasonings, if necessary. Serve immediately.
13 calories; 1 gram protein; 3 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 0 fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 38 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sauces and condiments