Total time: 20 minutes | Makes two-thirds cup
Note: From "The Bombay Cafe" by Neela Paniz. Dalia, or channa, are small, split chickpeas, available in Indian markets.
- 12 to 14 serrano chiles, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon dalia or channa
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 tablespoons water
Step 1Combine the chiles, cilantro, mint, dalia, lemon juice and salt in a blender and puree, adding the water as needed. Scrape the sides of the blender down several times with a spatula. Adjust seasoning to taste.
10 calories; 1 gram protein; 2 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 0 fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 215 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Sauces and condiments