Total time: 30 minutes | Serves 30
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups finely grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pimento
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup flour, plus extra for dusting fork
Step 1Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2Cream the butter and cheese together in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon until thoroughly blended. Blend in the jalapenos, pimento, mustard, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Add the flour and stir to make a stiff dough.
Step 3Roll into 2 (15-inch) logs. Cut into 1-inch pieces for a total of 30. (This step ensures the wafers will all be about the same size.) Roll each piece into a smooth ball. Arrange on baking sheets and flatten in a crisscross pattern with a fork dipped in flour. Bake until lightly browned, 20 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
78 calories; 126 mg. sodium; 18 mg. cholesterol; 6 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 3 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams protein; 0.13 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Appetizers