Total time: 15 minutes plus 24 hours standing | Serves 4
- 6 cups cold water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 cup mixed herbs, such as bay leaves, thyme or rosemary
- 4 loin pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, optional, for frying
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional, for frying
Step 1Combine the water, sugar, salt and herbs in a large bowl. Stir to blend and dissolve the sugar and salt. Add the pork chops to the brine, cover the bowl and put the bowl into the refrigerator. Check several times on the brining and stir any salt or sugar that has not been dissolved.
Step 2You can cook the chops after 24 hours or wait until they have brined for 36 hours. Pan-fry the chops in the olive oil and butter in a skillet over high heat or cook them in a grill pan over high heat, 8 to 10 minutes.
512 calories; 1,229 mg sodium; 97 mg cholesterol; 50 grams fat; 23 grams saturated fat; 3 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams protein; 0.80 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Main courses