Total time: 15 minutes | Serves 2
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) can tuna (water-packed), drained
Step 1In a medium bowl, combine the raisins, celery, relish, mayonnaise, chives and pepper. Gently fold in the tuna. This makes about 11/4 cups salad; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Tuna salad
- 4 slices toasted whole-grain bread
- A few thin slices cucumber
- A few thin slices apple
- A few thin slices tomato
- Small handful mixed green lettuce
Step 1Divide the tuna salad into two portions, spooning each onto a slice of toasted bread. Top the salad with a little cucumber, apple, tomato and lettuce, then top each sandwich with a second slice of toasted bread. Serve immediately.
Calories 437; Protein 25 grams; Carbohydrates 38 grams; Fiber 5 grams; Fat 21 grams; Saturated fat 3 grams; Cholesterol 42 mg; Sugar 15 grams; Sodium 716 mg.
More recipes in Fish and shellfish