Total time: 20 minutes | Serves 6
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato (about 1/2 large tomato)
- 3/4 cup fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pickled or roasted bell pepper strips
- 6 canned artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt, pepper
Step 1Tear the romaine leaves to the size desired and place in a serving bowl. Add the red onion, black and green olives, tomatoes and mozzarella.
Step 2Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes, being careful not to burn it. Add the vinegar, increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Add the pepper strips, artichoke hearts, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the warm dressing over the salad.
109 calories; 297 mg. sodium; 11 mg. cholesterol; 7 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 7 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams protein; 1.54 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Quick and easy