Total time: 25 minutes | Serves 4 to 6
Note: Adapted from Lunch.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cooked boneless and skinless chicken breasts, diced (a generous 2 cups)
- 2 small celery stalks, cut into small dice
- 1/2 red onion, cut into very small dice
- 1/2 green apple, cored and cut into medium dice
- 1/3 cup currants (raisins may be substituted)
- Salt and pepper, if desired
Step 1In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, cider vinegar and Dijon mustard to form a dressing.
Step 2To the bowl, add the chicken, celery, onion, apple and currants. Toss everything together, taste and adjust the seasoning if desired. Chill before serving. This makes about 1 quart chicken salad.
Each of 6 servings:
188 calories; 12 grams protein; 10 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 11 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 39 mg cholesterol; 7 grams sugar; 163 mg sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Healthy eating