Total time: 20 minutes | Makes 36 canapes
Note: From Elka Gilmore of Gai Klass. Burrata cheese can be found at Whole Foods Markets, Bristol Farms, select Gelson's and specialty cheese shops.
- 36 ( 1/4-inch thick) slices baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces burrata cheese
- 1 pint Sweet 100 tomatoes or small cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 36 basil leaves, very thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons good-quality balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
Step 1Heat the broiler. Lightly brush one side of each baguette slice with olive oil. Place under broiler until golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
Step 2Spoon a scant tablespoon of cheese on each piece of toasted bread. Place several slices of tomato on the cheese and add several slices of basil. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top and finish with a sprinkling of salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
73 calories; 2 grams protein; 5 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 3 grams fat; 0 saturated fat; 8 mg. cholesterol; 100 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers