Total time: 30 minutes, plus overnight refrigeration | Serves 6 to 8
- 3 large hothouse cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Generous pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
Step 1Place the cucumber pieces into a large colander and toss with the salt. Let drain over a bowl or sink for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in cold water, then drain and squeeze out any additional water with your hands and lightly pat dry using paper towels.
Step 2In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers with the yogurt, lime juice, pepper and dill. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, tear the mint into pieces and stir into the salad.
Each of 6 servings:
45 calories; 3 grams protein; 5 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 2 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 4 mg. cholesterol; 101 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Appetizers