Total time: 15 minutes | Serves 4
Note: This is a light yet satisfying warm-up soup for cool weather. Add shrimp or chicken for a heartier version. Dashi is available at Japanese markets.
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dashi (instant Japanese soup base)
- 2 baby bok choy, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 (14-ounce) carton tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet white miso
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Step 1Combine water and dashi and heat to boiling. Stir in bok choy and tofu. Simmer until bok choy is tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in onions and miso. Bring just to simmer. Turn off heat and drizzle in egg. Cover and let stand a few minutes for egg to set. Spoon into 4 serving bowls and top with cilantro leaves.
109 calories; 226 mg sodium; 53 mg cholesterol; 6 grams fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams protein; 0.63 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers