Total time: 15 minutes | Makes one-half cup pesto
Note: From Coleman Family Farms. Save a flower or two for garnish. Spread on toasted bread or toss with hot pasta.
- 3 bunches nasturtium, flowers only
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Pinch of white pepper or to taste
Step 1Place nasturtium flowers, cheese, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper in a blender. Process until smooth.
144 calories; 2 grams protein; 1 gram carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 15 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 4 mg. cholesterol; 151 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Sauces and condiments