Active work time: 20 minutes | Total preparation time: 45 minutes | Serves 4 to 6
Note: If you want to make this a hearty meal, add 2 (4-ounce) catfish filets, cut into strips. Sour curry paste can be purchased at Thai markets.
- 4 cups Thai chicken stock
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons sour curry paste
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced bamboo shoots
- 2 cups nappa cabbage, chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Step 1Bring stock to simmer in saucepan. Stir in sour curry paste. Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots and cook 2 minutes over medium heat. Stir in fish sauce and lime juice. Divide among serving bowls and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Each of 6 servings:
49 calories; 781 mg sodium; 1 mg cholesterol; 1 gram fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams protein; 0.60 gram fiber.