Total time: 25 minutes | Serves 8 to 10
Note: Adapted from Lombardino's Restaurant in Madison, Wis. The olives can be found at many gourmet markets and select cheese stores, as well as online. Similar olives can be substituted.
- 1 1/4 cups black Cerignola olives, or other brined black olives
- 1 1/4 cups green Castelvetrano olives, or other brined green olives
- 1 1/4 cups Taggiasca olives, or Kalamata
- Zest of 1 orange, cut in large strips
- Zest of 1 lemon, cut in large strips
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 green pickled peppers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
Step 1Heat the oven to 550 degrees. In a large gratin dish, combine the olives, zest, oil, peppers, garlic and thyme. Bake until the olives are bubbly and beginning to prune, 8 to 12 minutes (remove from the oven before the olives take on too much color, as they may become bitter). Cool slightly before serving.
Each of 10 servings:
Protein 1 gram;
Carbohydrates 5 grams;
Fiber 2 grams;
Fat 24 grams;
Saturated fat 3 grams;
Sodium 1,228 mg.
More recipes in Appetizers