Total time: 10 minutes, plus 1 hour marinating time | Serves 12
- 1 pound (about 2 1/2 to 3 cups) black, green or mixed olives
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 strips lemon peel, removed with vegetable peeler
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 2 whole small dried red chiles
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Step 1Place the olives in a strainer and rinse under running water. Transfer them to a large nonreactive bowl.
Step 2Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet with the garlic, lemon peel, rosemary and chiles and cook over medium heat until the garlic softens and the herbs are fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add to the olives.
Step 3Add the lemon juice and the remaining olive oil, seal tightly with plastic wrap and set aside to marinate, at least one hour. If tightly covered and refrigerated, the olives will keep for several weeks. Makes about 3 cups.
Each of 12 servings:
84 calories; 0 protein; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 8 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 308 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Appetizers