Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes | Makes 5 cups
Herb bread crumbs
- 1/4 day-old baguette
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
Step 1Cut baguette into 1-inch cubes. Place in food processor and process to coarse (about 3/8-inch) crumbs. Do not over-process crumbs.
Step 2Combine bread crumbs, butter, garlic, rosemary, basil, parsley, thyme, oregano and marjoram. Mix until butter is evenly distributed and absorbed by bread crumbs.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (8-ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds cooked Dungeness crab meat
- 1/2 small white onion, sliced paper-thin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Chopped parsley
Step 1Combine mayonnaise, artichoke hearts, crab meat, onion and salt. Mix well.
Step 2Place crab mixture in 9-inch square casserole and top with Herb Bread Crumbs and cheese. Bake at 500 degrees until very hot and bubbly, 5 minutes. Drizzle lemon juice over top. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with plain or Herbed Crackers.
37 calories; 66 mg sodium; 4 mg cholesterol; 1 gram fat; 1 gram carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 0.08 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers