Total time: 20 minutes plus chilling time | Makes about 3 cups relish
Note: Adapted from Palomino Restaurant in Westwood. The recipe can be made using fresh tomatoes. Substitute a generous pound (about 7) of plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and crushed with juice.
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole tomatoes in juice, crushed by hand with juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon julienned fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons pitted and coarsely chopped Kalamata olives (several olives)
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Sliced ciabatta, for serving
Step 1In a large bowl, stir together the crushed tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, basil, chopped olives, onion, feta and red wine vinegar. Cover and refrigerate overnight to give the flavors time to marry. Stir again and taste, adjusting the seasonings and flavorings, if desired, before serving. Serve with sliced ciabatta bread.
Each 1/4 cup relish:
52 calories; 1 gram protein; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 5 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 1 mg cholesterol; 1 gram sugar; 87 mg sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sauces and condiments