Total time: 20 minutes | Serves 4
- 1 pound penne
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 grilled red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 grilled yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large, grilled sweet onion, such as a Vidalia or Maui, chopped
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Step 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Cook the pasta until al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Step 2While the pasta is cooking, warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red and yellow grilled peppers, onion and cherry tomatoes. Gently stir until just heated through.
Step 3Drain the pasta and place it in a warm serving bowl. Add the vegetables plus all the olive oil from the skillet, and toss to combine. Sprinkle the parsley and basil over top, add salt and pepper to taste, and toss gently to combine. Garnish with the cheese. Serve immediately.
406 calories; 239 mg sodium; 6 mg cholesterol; 21 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 44 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams protein; 4.89 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Main courses