Total time: 1 hour | Makes 18 meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika or chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rice or 2/3 cup pearl barley
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (1-pound) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
Step 1Combine beef, egg, milk, paprika, salt and rice. Roll into 2-inch balls. Melt butter in skillet over low heat. Raise heat to medium, add meatballs and brown on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Step 2Combine tomatoes, water, teriyaki sauce and onion in large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Drop meatballs into tomato mixture. Cover pan and simmer until sauce is thick, 40 minutes to 1 hour.
141 calories; 187 mg sodium; 45 mg cholesterol; 10 grams fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 8 grams protein; 0.15 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Main courses