Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes plus 1 hour chilling | Serves 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons juniper berries
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon pimenton (Spanish paprika)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (3-pound) pork loin or rack
Step 1Finely grind the mustard, cumin and fennel seeds, the bay leaf, juniper berries, coriander, pimenton, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a spice grinder. Coat the pork with the spice rub. Refrigerate the pork for 1 hour.
Step 2Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Roast the pork until it reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, loosely cover with foil and set aside 10 minutes before slicing.
Each of 6 servings:
414 calories; 874 mg sodium; 125 mg cholesterol; 22 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 41 grams protein; 0.54 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Main courses