Total time: 15 minutes | Serves 6 to 8
Note: Adapted from "The Passover Table," by Susan R. Friedland, and sampled in Los Angeles, Dallas and Oklahoma City. This can be doubled.
- 1 cup pitted dates (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 sweet apple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sweet kosher wine
Step 1Combine the dates, raisins, apple, walnuts, ginger and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse a few times. Stir in the wine.
Each of 8 servings:
162 calories; 3 mg. sodium; 0 cholesterol; 5 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 29 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams protein; 3 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sauces and condiments