Total time: 20 minutes | Serves 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side dish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso
- 1/4 pound Chinese pea pods, cut in half diagonally
- 3/4 pound smoked chicken or turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 pounds soba noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
Step 1Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, ginger and miso in a small bowl and set it aside for the flavors to meld.
Step 2Add the pea pods to boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Drain, then plunge the pods into ice water to quickly chill. Drain them, then toss them with the smoked chicken, onions and soba noodles.
Step 3Toss the mixture with the dressing. Spoon the noodles into serving bowls and sprinkle the top with cilantro.
Each of 4 servings:
239 calories; 885 mg sodium; 72 mg cholesterol; 5 grams fat; 16 grams carbohydrates; 30 grams protein; 0.75 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Main courses