Total time: 20 minutes | Serves 6
Note: From Suzanne Tracht.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Step 1In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, buttermilk, cream, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. (Makes about one-half cup.)
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthwise using a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped mixture of fresh herbs such as Italian parsley, chervil, chives, tarragon, basil
- 1 package smoked trout (one-half trout, about 6 to 7 ounces), skin removed, flaked
- Buttermilk dressing
Step 1Place the cucumbers, onion, herbs and trout in a salad bowl.
Step 2Toss with enough buttermilk dressing to coat.
105 calories; 9 grams protein; 4 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 6 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 30 mg. cholesterol; 134 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Fish and shellfish