Note: This makes enough for a 20-pound turkey. Allow 2 generous tablespoons per 5 pounds of turkey weight.
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika or pimenton de la Vera
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
Step 1Pulse together the salt, smoked paprika, onion and garlic powders, cumin, black pepper, brown sugar and orange zest in a spice grinder or mash them in a mortar and pestle. Makes a little more than 1/2 cup. The mixture can be stored in a tightly sealed jar for up to 2 weeks.
7 calories; 0 protein; 2 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 0 fat; 0 cholesterol; 1 gram sugar; 1,681 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sauces and condiments