Total time: 20 minutes | Serves 4
Note: From "The Silver Spoon" by the editors of Phaidon Press.
- 2 salted anchovies, heads removed, cleaned and filleted, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes and drained
- 4 sole, cleaned, trimmed and skinned
- Flour for dusting
- 6 tablespoons ( 3/4 stick) butter, divided
- Juice of 2 lemons, strained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Step 1Chop the anchovy fillets. Lightly dust the sole with flour. Melt half the butter in a skillet, add the sole and cook over medium heat until browned on both sides. Sprinkle with the lemon juice, transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
Step 2Melt the remaining butter in a small pan, add the anchovies and capers and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes to heat through, then pour over the fish. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
230 calories; 29 grams protein; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 19 grams fat; 11 grams saturated fat; 127 mg. cholesterol; 328 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Fish and shellfish