Total time: 10 minutes | Makes 1 heaping cup
Note: From "Twist of the Wrist" by Nancy Silverton. Silverton purees a whole can of chipotle peppers in adobo and saves the rest for future use.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pureed canned chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 large garlic cloves, grated or minced (about 1 heaping tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
Step 1Put the mayonnaise in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil and the lemon juice. Add the pureed chipotle, cilantro, half of the garlic and salt and stir to combine.
Step 2Taste, and add more garlic, lemon juice and/or salt to taste.
38 calories; 0 protein; 0 carbohydrate; 0 fiber; 4 grams fat; 0 saturated fat; 3 mg. cholesterol; 50 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sauces and condiments