Total time: 30 minutes | Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger root
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes drained
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans garbanzo beans drained
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Step 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until very fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Step 2Add tomatoes, garbanzo beans, coriander, cumin, cayenne and salt. Simmer over medium-low heat until garbanzo beans are very tender and flavors have melded, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
363 calories; 931 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 10 grams fat; 60 grams carbohydrates; 13 grams protein; 4.34 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Healthy eating