Total time: 20 minutes | Serves 2 to 4
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tart apple, unpeeled, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula (stems trimmed), crisped
- 3 cups torn romaine leaves, crisped
- 3 tablespoons crumbled mild blue cheese
Step 1Combine the shallot, mustard, vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper to taste in a small dish. The vinaigrette can be made a few hours ahead and kept at room temperature.
Step 2Place the apple slices in a large bowl. Toss with 5 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Add the arugula, romaine leaves and blue cheese. Use your hands to toss until the leaves are coated, adding more vinaigrette to taste (you may not use it all). Taste; adjust seasoning. Serve immediately on chilled plates.
Each of 4 servings:
142 calories; 221 mg sodium; 3 mg cholesterol; 12 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams protein; 1.56 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers