Total time: 30 minutes, plus 8 hours marinating | Serves about 12
Note: This works best with frozen black-eyed peas rather than canned or dried. It's also free-form: Add more or less of any ingredient. Serve with corn chips.
- 3 cups black-eyed peas, cooked until tender but not mushy
- 4 green onions, green parts only, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, or more
- Salt, pepper
Step 1Combine the black-eyed peas, green onions and cilantro in a bowl and mix well.
Step 2Whisk together the oil, lime juice and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour over the peas and toss to coat. Chop the chiles and add them to the peas with their sauce to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and marinate overnight or up to three days before serving. Stir peas as they marinate, and stir before serving.
83 calories; 54 mg. sodium; 0 cholesterol; 9 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 1 gram carbohydrates; 0 protein; 0.07 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers