Total time: 20 minutes | Serves 2
Note: From Sunshine Thai Cuisine in North Hollywood. Kaffir lime leaves and chile paste with soya bean oil can be found at Asian markets. Fish sauce and canned straw mushrooms are found in the Asian aisle of well-stocked supermarkets.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch slices on the diagonal
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced (2 leaves)
- 1 thin stalk lemon grass, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1/2 cup whole peeled straw mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chile paste with soya bean oil (nam prik pao)
Step 1Combine the chicken, water, lime leaves and lemon grass in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Step 2Add the fish sauce, lime juice, cilantro, mushrooms and chile paste. Stir to combine and serve.
193 calories; 847 mg sodium; 72 mg cholesterol; 3 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 29 grams protein; 0.34 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Main courses