Total time: 10 minutes | Makes 12 cups
Note: Mesquite-flavor cooking spray can be found at well-stocked supermarkets.
- 1 bag 94% fat-free butter-flavor microwave popcorn (makes 12 cups popped corn)
- 1/2 small dried chipotle pepper, broken up
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon hot melted butter
- 1/2 cup roasted salted pepitas
- Mesquite-flavor cooking spray
Step 1Pop corn according to package directions.
Step 2Combine dried chipotle, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin seeds in electric grinder until ground. While popcorn is still hot, toss with melted butter and ground spices. Stir in pepitas. Spray popcorn with 2 or 3 quick sprays of mesquite cooking spray.
101 calories; 30 mg sodium; 5 mg cholesterol; 3 gram fat; 8 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams protein; 1.45 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers