Total time: 20 minutes | Serves 4 to 6
- 3 ( 3/4 -inch) slices stale country bread, crust removed
- 1 small Yukon Gold potato, boiled until soft, then peeled
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup club soda, or as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 small to medium zucchini, trimmed and thinly sliced
Step 1Soak the bread in cold water until soft, then squeeze dry. Place it in the jar of a blender. Grate the potato into the blender jar using a Microplane or box grater. Add the almonds and olive oil. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the jar often.
Step 2Scrape the mixture into a bowl and add the garlic to taste, the lemon juice and vinegar, and mix well.
Step 3Fold in the club soda, adding more as needed to make an airy sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 1 1/2 cups. Serve as a dip with the zucchini slices.
166 calories; 3 grams protein; 15 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 11 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 67 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers