Total time: 25 minutes | Serves 4
Note: From Donna Deane. Serve this pasta with grilled fillet of salmon or other fish.
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon best-quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed torn shiso leaves
- 1/3 cup snipped chives ( 1/2 -inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup loosely packed torn parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup loosely packed torn basil leaves
Step 1Bring a large pot of salted water to boil (the water should be as salty as the sea). Add the pasta and cook just to al dente, about 3 minutes or according to package directions.
Step 2Drain the pasta in a colander, reserving one-half cup of the cooking liquid. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl. Toss the pasta with the olive oil, lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3Add the shiso, chives, parsley and basil and toss to distribute evenly. Add the cooking liquid to moisten the pasta as needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
142 calories; 4 grams protein; 22 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams fiber; 4 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 6 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Main courses