Total time: 20 minutes | Serves 4
Note: Other cheeses can substitute for the Maytag blue, including shaved pecorino and slivered Manchego.
- 1/4 cup macadamias
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup macadamia nut oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 small bunches small-leaf arugula, trimmed, washed and dried well
- 2 large, firm pears, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup crumbled Maytag blue cheese
Step 1Heat the oven to 300 degrees. Spread the macadamias in a metal cake pan and toast 10 minutes. Cool, then chop into coarse chunks.
Step 2Combine the mustard, one-half teaspoon sea salt and several grinds of pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in the lemon juice, then the macadamia oil. Add the chives and whisk until emulsified. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Step 3Toss the arugula with just enough dressing to coat lightly. (Reserve any remaining dressing for another use.) Arrange on 4 salad plates. Cut the pears into thin slices and divide among the plates. Sprinkle with the cheese and then with the macadamias and serve at once.
283 calories; 4 grams protein; 19 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams fiber; 23 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 6 mg. cholesterol; 157 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Quick and Easy