Time: 1 hour | Serves 12
Note: This corn relish is served with skirt steak at the Border Grill restaurants. It can be stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to a day. To make it 2 to 3 days in advance, mix all the ingredients except the avocado and store in the refrigerator. Add the avocado shortly before serving.
- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 4 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 4 green onions, light green and white parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
Step 1Heat one-half cup of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, salt and pepper, and saute until the corn is heated through and tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
Step 2Cut the avocados, bell pepper and roasted poblanos into one-fourth-inch dice. Add to the sauteed corn along with the green onions, vinegar and remaining one-fourth cup olive oil.
Step 3Mix well and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes to blend the flavors. Serve at room temperature.
242 calories; 3 grams protein; 17 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams fiber; 20 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 209 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sauces and Condiments