Total time: About 1 hour | Serves 4
- 1 pound, 5 ounces cleaned bay scallops
- 3/4 cup lime juice (from about 8 limes)
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/3 cup seeded and diced tomato
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeno, or to taste
- Scant 1 cup diced cilantro, from about 1 bunch
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Step 1In a medium bowl, marinate the scallops in the lime juice for 30 minutes, covered and refrigerated, tossing every 10 minutes.
Step 2Strain and save the lime juice. Stir in the onion, tomato, cucumber, jalapeno and cilantro. Stir in the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper, and add back lime juice to taste as desired. Serve immediately.
Note: Adapted from Las Ventanas al Paraiso.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers